- MRI scans show that after an eight-week course of mindfulness practice, the brain’s “fight or flight” center, the amygdala, appears to shrink. This primal region of the brain, associated with fear and emotion, is involved in the initiation of the body’s response to stress. As the amygdala shrinks, the pre-frontal cortex – associated with higher order brain functions such as awareness, concentration and decision-making – becomes thicker.
- Reframing negative events in a positive light literally rewires your brain and can make you a happier person, as can regular meditation.
- The average number of thoughts that humans are believed to experience each day is 70,000.
- You have a finite amount of will power each day because to exercise will power you need energy in the form of oxygen and glucose, that’s why it’s harder to say ‘no’ when you are tired or not feeling yourself.
- Until relatively recently scientists thought that…
View original post 185 more words